Isayas Afewerki to Visit Ethiopia

Eritrea’s President Isayas Afewerqi is due to visit Addis Abeba on Saturday, in a return gesture to Ethiopia’s delegation tour to Eritrea last week.

On his visit in Addis Ababa, Isayas Afwerki will speak to invited guests at the Millennium Hall.

Isayas has not visited Ethiopia since the war 1998

Last week Ethiopian high-level delegation led by Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed (PhD) paid an official visit to Eritrea. The two governments have signed joint agreements.

Following the reconciliation process between the two countries, telecommunication service has resumed, and people from both countries began to reach out to their families.

In addition, Ethiopian Airlines announced to commence regular fight to and from Asmara as of July 18, 2018, in accordance with the joint Peace and Friendship agreements signed between the two countries.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Twitter @Strathinknet

  • RT @martinplaut: A truly despicable press release from the ANC. Why does a party that has just participated in a free election celebrate Af…
    about 2 days ago
  • RT @DrMehari: Eritreans have peace, now they want freedom “The revolution in neighbouring Sudan has certainly left its mark. Eritreans have…
    about 2 days ago
  • RT @Zemedeneh: Coffee Price: Only 4% of a $3.25 cup of coffee sold in London is the cost of the beans. Source: @ft. The remaining 96% benef…
    about 6 days ago
  • Who is Getachew Assefa? Read about him at
    about 2 weeks ago
  • How can the founder of #Ginbot7 stand for #democracy? He was funded by one of the worse abusers of #HumanRights in…
    about 2 weeks ago